Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270838 and growing!

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒ Soccer Library: Betting Tips and Strategies ░▒░▒░▒▓█ Last Updated - AsianBandar.Com Forums

Misc Football & Friendlies Forum 
 Main Menu > Misc Football & Friendlies Forum > █▓▒░▒░▒░▒ Soccer Library: Betting Tips and Strategies ░▒░▒░▒▓█ Last Updated

» CHAT Now! «  [ 154 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
This Discussion has been locked.
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: █▓▒░▒░▒░▒ Soccer Library: Betting Tips and Strategies ░▒░▒░▒▓█ Last Updated       - Views: 52967
AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 10:35 AM (5101 days ago)
lucius168, bobbyfischer999, Astor and 38 others  41 Likes  
Administrator

Liked By: 4683

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 985,625
Ranked:
Pending

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒ ░▒░▒ Misc Bros, Please Do Read░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▓█

Dear AB Misc Bros,

I've seen many bros before getting burned by following tipsters here in AB. My purpose of this thread is not to pinpoint at any tipster. It is known the fact that humans are greedy by nature. Seeing some tipsters on form may tempt you greatly to hitch a ride i.e. making some tidy profits. The initial ride may be rewarding, and turned even many followers on. That’s where the critical point comes in. Emotional punting comes in, punt heavily, not within own limits, seeking to borrow to punt, trying to recover from existing debts faster and all sorts of intentions, just in the hope of making fast bucks.

I forewarn you here. If you choose to undertake such a route, it’s all the risk and consequences you have to face. I would be greatly happy if you can make fast bucks out of on-form tipsters. But can you control your temptation to hit-and-run after you make a tidy sum, or would you carry on?

Soccer punting is a long journey if you wish to stay in this line. Good tipsters do not turn famous overnight, or even a short time. They are valued and recognised over years; build up their each individual name over time. They all have proven themselves over a period of time.

My personal advice to all followers of tipsters:

Treat tipsters like stocks and shares; everyday prices move up and down. But what you want is overall positive profits over time.

Selected tipsters and put them in a basket, just like a unit trust or fund.

The number of tipsters you selected are all based on your individual judgment, preferences, etc.  I would advise you to put at least some long term tipsters here.

E.g. 3 Long term tipsters with at least 2 years of posting in AB + any 1 currently on-form tipster

Then over time, e.g. over 3 months or 6 months. Evaluate your investments and re-do another evaluation to assess whether are you comfortable in keeping your previous tipsters.

It would be advisable not to change more than 50 percent of the tipsters in your portfolio every round. Or else the difference in impact cannot be seen and compared easily.

Or you could have your own analysis of picks at times; so example of a portfolio would be like:

30 percent fund – own picks
70 percent fund – tipsters picks ( 20% to 3 long term tipsters – 10% to on-form tipsters)

All these are just quoted as examples.

Good luck to all. I hope to see lesser bros posting needing help financially in MISC forum.

This message was edited by LYRAN on 30-Apr-2010 @ 10:49 AM

lucius168, bobbyfischer999, Astor and 38 others  41 Likes  

AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 10:46 AM (5101 days ago)            #2
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒Laying & Backing▒░▒░▒░▒░ ▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▓█

Dear AB Bros,

I have been pasting P2P betting principle almost every of my post and yet many bros don't understand or really bother to read i guess.

Normally we play 1 X 2, Asianhandicap, etc. We are the "BACKERS"

Eg. We buy 1 X 2 team A win@ 2.90 $100.00 . If we win, We get back $290.00 (of which $190.00 is the profit, $100 is the original capital)

But who pay you the $290.00?

They are the "LAYERS"

"LAYERS" are like the bookmakers and opposite of punters.

At a betting exchange, punters gathered all over the world to be "BACKERS" and "LAYERS"

You can choose to take on the role of a bookmaker. IF someone buys 1 X 2 win @ 2.90, you can take on the bookmaker role. If u accept the deal, you will lose 1.90 times of his amount punted from him if team A really win.

However, if team A draw or lose, you win whatever he punted. i.e. his capital.

There have been many critics in my thread about "sure win" in laying since weaker teams don't win, etc.

In laying, your liability is high. Ball is round and anything can happen. Weaker teams do not necessary will not win!

You need a good betting strategy in LAYING bets.

Eg. Lay $100 [email protected]

means if tunisia win, your loss -$1500.00.... seems horrible?

But think of another angle;

if your normal bet is $1000, use $1000 divide by the odds of 16.0 = $62.50

That means if you lay $62.50, your profit is $62.50 if tunisa don't win.

but if tunisa win, you lose $1000.00

Now what's the return?

Its $62.50 / $1000 = 6.25%

If you can achieve 6.25% return daily, isn't it attractive?

Just compare to your bank interest rate then you will know what i mean.

And what if 6.25% compounded over a period of time?

Do you know the POWERFUL EFFECT of COMPOUNDING?

However, you need a precise, disciplined plan to minimse lossess if it really happens.

Hope I have enlighten many Bros here and bring you to another dimemsional way of punting.

Cheers.

LYRAN

lucius168 and DeSouzaWarren  5 Likes  
AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 10:47 AM (5101 days ago)            #3
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░Parlay Explained & Strategies ░░░▒░▒░░▒░▒░▒░▒▓█

Dear Misc Bros,

This is another article that I have written especially for punters who are concerned about parlays. I hope this will help you to get a better insight of parlay.

Parlay & Strategies:

1. Terminology of Parlay
2. Counting
3. Strategies shared.

Parlay is defined as the accumulator of events you predicted that will occur. E.g. Parlay 3 means that 3 events lumped in a basket that all must occur in your prediction that must happen for you to earn your winnings.

There are many kinds of parlay that are available in the market; mixed parlay; Asian-handicap parlay; Fixed Odds parlay

1. Mixed parlay includes options from total goals and Asian-handicap.
2. Asian-handicap parlay includes only teams offered on the respective handicap presented.
3. Fixed Odds handicap parlay (accumulator) is a set of teams selected based on 1 X 2 odds presented i.e. Home Win – Draw – Away Win odds.

Counting of Parlay:

Normally, parlay odds are presented slightly lower than the usual odds in each individual category. E.g. If you punt team A on handicap -0.5 @ 1.81. The payout for parlay will be most likely to lower than few cents than 1.81.

Normally, there is a cap on the events of parlay. Some bookmakers will cap it at 10-parlay maximum, or they could restrict on your daily winnings.

The general rule of thumb:

e.g.
based on 4-fixed odds parlay:

1.80 X 3.20 X 1.85 X 1.86 = 19.80 X capital invested. (Total return + Capital)

A more tricky parlay will be AH parlay where there might be cases of wining half or losing half. Do check with your respective bookmakers on their terms and conditions. Generally half winning or lost is treated as half of the odds given.

E.g. Based on 4 AH parlay:

1.80 X 1.90 X 1.85 X 1.45 (1.90 -0.45 ) = 9.17 X capital invested. (Total return + Capital)

Take Note: 1.45 is calculated as win half parlay.

======================================================================

Some Personal Strategies to share:

1. Personally, a 4-6 parlay is ideal to play for. Risk-return-probability seems optimal.

1. Once teams are chosen, if you have more than 6 teams, lump according to confidence level:

First set could be the most 4-6 confident teams

2nd set could be the next 4-6 level 2 confident teams.

2. Or lump according to the timing in each of the team K.O (‘Runway Sell-away Parlay&rsquo Wink

Arrange in a way to that the last match is standalone. E.g. 3 matches K.O at 10pm, the last match K.O at 12mn.

This strategy will allow you achieve at least some winnings through ‘sell-away’ parlay, i.e. if the 1st 3 teams have cleared the parlay, pending the last match. You can punt opposite of the team in that parlay on a single AH.

E.g.

Parlay 4 win - $600.00

1st 3 matches won, pending last match for team A to clear AH. (Team A vs Team B)

Punt $300 on Team B. (amount varies according to your confidence level.

Thus you have at least $300 in your pocket regardless of whatever result of A vs B.

2. Parlay can be used as insurance purpose, to prevent claypot of picks.

As the saying goes, it’s not easy to jackpot or claypot. But it does happen!

Eg. 4 teams chosen to play AH.

Buy insurance for these 4 teams by buying all opposite teams

4/4 Jackpot – lose only a bit on insurance parlay
3/4 – Should be winning overall, after less insurance parlay
2/4 – Might lose water money plus insurance parlay
1/4 - Worst case.
0/4 – Claypot, but JP on parlay! Could be scenario where you overall breakeven or win overall

It all depends how much you punt on the parlay. You might need a excel spreadsheet to input all these figures for you.

So, what you want is 0/4. 3/4, 4/4 Jackpot. i.e. You have 3 / 5 outcome in your advantage.

3. Slow parlay

This slow parlay refers to playing parlay over a period. This way is slow but it’s more achievable than a day parlay.
Normally punters play day-parlay. Lumping all teams in one day. This slow parlay refers to punting a small amount on a single AH team on a day (the most confident team). If that team wins, use all winnings and play the next most confident match.

E.g.

Day Parlay –

Team A + B + C +D = lose / win parlay that day

1.80 X 1.80 X 1.80 X 1.80

Slow parlay:

Day 1: Team A @1.80 (most confident team of the day)
Day 2 : Team B @1.80 (most confident team of the day) Roll the winnings from Day 1
Day 3: Team C @1.80 (most confident team of the day) Roll the winnings from Day 2
Day 4: Team D @1.80 (most confident team of the day) Roll the winnings from Day 3

lucius168 and DeSouzaWarren  4 Likes  
AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 10:48 AM (5101 days ago)            #4
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒Quotes to Punters/ Investors ░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▓█

1. Whenever a bet is laid, be it $100 or $200, you should mentally treat it as a losing bet upfront. In this way, you're prepared to "throw" the money away. If you win, it will be then a BONUS! A good way for self consolation. Perhaps treating it as buying 4D?

2. Some punters place many bets a day, thinking ‘I can't possibly lose all!’ In reality, this can happen because anything is possible as it’s a mere probability. Then come the scenario of losing heavily and inability to pay. In other words, the total amount is greater than what you can afford to lose.

3. Losing self control and discipline. When things go wrong, many punters starting to dabble in all sorts of bets mentality or 'whacking' or double bet! Think about the consequences aftermath.

4. Take a break or rest if required. This is really important. Slowly play only a few matches to build up confidence.

5. Settlement day coming mentality: Now overall losing money, left 1 day. Tomorrow must DIE DIE play some matches and hope to recover some! Is this the pressure for a self-created hope?

6. Overall winning or losing since first day you started punting? You keep track? You keep stats on hit rate personally? In long run, most punters lose overall. Only thing advantage is unless you have really big capital to roll for luck

AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 10:48 AM (5101 days ago)            #5
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒A Thinker to Punters ░▒░▒░░▒░▒░░▒░▒░▒░▒▓█

Dear Fellow ABers,

I believe that everyone here wish to see more money rolling in from soccer punting and make some profit at the end of the day.

This is my personal opinion with regards to soccer punters.

1. Betting without analysing

No time to analyse, don't know how to analyse, believe in trying your own luck because soccer is all about fixed match; kelong.

OPINION:

Do analyse because not all soccer matches are fixed and kelong. Develop your method of analysis through experience, this will developed your own unique soccer betting methodology, and in long run, will be independent upon yourself. You will only treat your favourite tipster(s) as a form of reference rather than reliance. Modify your betting style according to differing situations. 

2. Following your favourite tipster/ tipsters.

A good tipster is a very subjective topic, because different people have different views on how a good tipster should be. Some may view on percentage of hits; others may view on a consistent hit rate, etc. However, a good tipster has its own down-form transition period.  At that period, it’s best that those supporters provide encouragement to them. Think of the time that they have helped you win in the past.

OPINION:

You could follow the currently on-form tipster/s and follow his picks and switch accordingly. Or you could pick a few consistent tipster/s and serve as a reference. E.g., if you choose 3 favourite tipsters and all 3 tipsters pick that particular team, go ahead then. The best would be to establish own pick before looking at your favourite tipster's picks. Or pick tipster according to their specialty in their leagues.

3. Betting with analysing.

Some may succeed in become a 'good tipster' while others are still working hard on it. To those who tried hard and failed, please do not give up. Keep on trying. In today context of soccer, many factors come into deciding which team to choose. It’s a mind game with the bookmakers. Instinct and luck still play a minority factor in decision. Not in factoring the "K" factor which normal punters like me and you wouldn't know that game is fixed unless we have insider news. 

You can choose to use a combination of some or all depending on time management. It’s a battle against the bookmakers since day 1 when you undertake this route. The key to success is about time, money and emotional discipline. This article is written to sparkle your thoughts, be it in a direct or indirect way which may harness your direction/thinking.  For your perusal,

Thanks.

lucius168 and DeSouzaWarren  3 Likes  
AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 10:48 AM (5101 days ago)            #6
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

█▓▒░▒░▒░▒░▒Arbitraging FIXED ODDS: A RISKLESS METHOD ░░▒░▒░░▒░▒░▒░▒▓█

Different Online Bookermakers have different 1 X 2 payout of HOME WIN, DRAW, AWAY WIN

How can we punt in a way that we can earn riskless profit?

This is through taking advantage of difference in the payout of different bookmakers.

Example:

WEBSITE A :

Home team A vs  Away team B

1.90 3.35 5.3

WEBSITE B :

1.85 3.60 4.9

WEBSITE C :

1.83 3.50 5.75 

The best odds offered on these 3 websites are:

WEBSITE A 1.90

WEBSITE B 3.60

WEBSITE C 5.75

As a result, a bet of $0.53 gives a 1$ return ( 1 / 1.90 = 0.53). 

For the draw, a bet of $0.28 gives a $1return (1 / 3.60 = 0.28)

For the away win, a bet of $0.17 gives a $1 return (1 / 5.75 = 0.17)

If we add all these bets (0.53 + 0.28 + 0.17) we get 0.98.

Thus, you need to bet $0.98 in order to get a 1$ for sure.

If we take the inverse of 0.98   (1 / 0.98 =1.02), you'll see that for every $1 you bet, you will get $1.02 back.

You have just profited 2 cents of riskless return regardless of the match outcome.

Sometimes you might catch a better steal than this which can be more than 2 cents profit risklessly.

Personal Comments:

1. Time is the essence in this method which you need close monitoring. Some softwares could do this job but again cost is incurred.
  2. A time consuming method for the high risk appetite punters who rather punt on other options. More suitable for low risk punters who wants a small tidy profit.
  3. Time vs. Return. The amount of time invested might not justify the mere few percent of riskless return for some punters; a judgmental call

AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 11:02 AM (5101 days ago)            #7
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

This is my normal punting style:

1. Try not to place bets on big 4 leagues: EPL, ISA, GBL, SPL

2. Do not take big teams and bet against big teams.

3. No jalan bets more than 2 for the same match.

4. Take mid table and low table TEAMS for punting.

5. Eat ball is always more advantageous, 66.6% theoretically

6. Recommended leagues to punt are: FRD2, ENG DIV2 , FINLAND, SWEDEN, SCOTLAND, HOLLAND, GER 2, PORTUGUESE, SPA2, BELGIUM, DENMARK.

This message was edited by LYRAN on 12-Jul-2010 @ 11:44 PM

AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 11:02 AM (5101 days ago)            #8
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

The rationale behind is to produce picks should be only the basis of substantial ‘Value” or should I say a valued punt.  This differs from the conventional punters behaviour which are enticed or excited about tipping websites providing picks on a daily basis.

What bookmakers love are these punters are having such mindset which falls into their trap and make these easy preys for them.

Next, the reality and truth about hitrate which is always on punters’ agenda. I ever heard of tipping website/tipsters offering a an incredible 80% hitrate! To what extend how true or credible this is?

I have been in this trade for 1 2 years, coming to 13.  The answer to the above can be both right and wrong in fact with the below examples

1. Hitting 8/10 matches.

2. Hitting 80/100 matches

3. Hitting 800/1000 matches

The above examples all represent 80% hitrate. But which is credible? Obviously the answer is example 1.

The underlying issue we should be looking is substaintability besides hitrate. Can anyone substain a 80% hitrate in 1000 matches? The truth is a “NO”, “NO and “NO”! 

Being a mathematician, a really good tipster can be defined as having 57% hitrate! You might find me crazy but this is the truth. But having say that, the criteria is based on at least 1000 matches.

Hope I have shared some light to the reality of soccer punting.

Think about the next time you heard hitrate of 80%!

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lyran

This message was edited by LYRAN on 08-May-2011 @ 3:11 PM

lucius168, Bao Jia, FootballLover888 and 2 others  5 Likes  
AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 11:03 AM (5101 days ago)            #9
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

Coming Soon: Watch Out for this space

AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 11:03 AM (5101 days ago)            #10
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

AsianBookie
30-Apr 2010 Friday 11:10 AM (5101 days ago)            #11
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

lucius168 and DeSouzaWarren  2 Likes  
adelric888
05-Jul 2014 Saturday 11:04 AM (3574 days ago)            #12

Liked By: 142

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Well said and it is very true. Explanation was very clear and i think all punters will agreed even they are inexperienced or new. Not many can absorb this into their mind, due to greed or due to too heavy lost and trying to recover. Human nature - once you dip in, taste it, difficult to pull out.

Thanks for the kind advise. Great advise Appreciated.

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Misc Football & Friendlies Forum > █▓▒░▒░▒░▒ Soccer Library: Betting Tips and Strategies ░▒░▒░▒▓█ Last Updated
Thread is Locked

This Discussion has been locked.

Change Timezone:   

7. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service